Chief instructor, Sensei Dave Butler has been studying and teaching martial arts for 40 + years and is one of the most experienced instructors in New Zealand. He is assisted by long term students who have become accomplished instructors in their own right. For more detail please see our "About Us" page.
Properly taught, Japanese Bu-Jutsu (martial arts) provide students with a host of benefits that include:
· Self defence training
· Comradeship, Friendship, Teamwork
· Mental and Physical challenge
· A structured fitness and health programme
· Fun and motivation with discipline and safety
· Insights into history and culture of a feudal empire
· All regardless of age and gender
There are very few activities that offer a complete range of positive benefits at such a modest cost.
Usually students begin with self-defence as their prime motivation, but soon find that the other benefits are equally, if not more important. They continue because they enjoy what they do.
We look forward to starting you on a journey in traditional martial arts.